Operation and Maintenance Specialization
Mechanical Engineering BSc ProgramOperation and Maintenance Specialization The aim of the teaching program
is to train mechanical engineers who are able to operate and maintain machines and mechanical devices, introduce engineering technologies and apply them, organize and control work phases, mechanical developments, solve the general problems of research and planning as expected by the labor market. Those having completed the specialization have in-depth theoretical knowledge to continue their studies in the second cycle.
Our graduates will develop competence or acquire knowledge
in the following areas:
- introducing and applying modern technologies and computational engineering methods and systems (manufacturing technologies, CAE)
- operating and developing mechatronical systems (electrotechnics and electronics, measuring and automatics, hydraulics and pneumatics)
- operating and maintaining machines and mechanical devices (mechanical system engineering, heat and fluid machines)
- organizing and controlling operational processes, mechanical developments
- planning the construction and designing of the machine parts, devices and apparatus (machine element, CAD, finite element method)
- solving the general problems of research and planning as expected by the labor market (studies of administration and law, basics of quality assurance, management for engineers, safety engineering)
- carrying out diagnostic testing, assessing the reliability of machines and devices (fracture mechanics, non-destructive testing and diagnostics)
contains the following subject modules
:Basic science subjects:
Economics and humanities subjects:
- Mathematics, Technical Mechanics, Engineering Physics, Operation and Theory of Machines, Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics, Technical Chemistry
- Economics for Engineers, Microeconomics, Basics of Quality Management, Management for Engineers, State Administration and Law, Introduction to Ethics
- Informatics, Descriptive Geometry, Technical Drawing, Machine Elements, CAD and CAE, 3D Computer-Aided Design, Materials Science, Technology of Structural Materials, Electrotechnics and Electronics, Measurements and Automatics, Thermal and Fluid Machines, Manufacturing Processes, Logistics, Industrial Safety, Steel Constructions, Hydraulics and Pneumatic Machines, Fracture Mechanics, Manufacturing Planning, Diagnostics, FEM, PLC, Material Handling and Robotics, Drivetrain Optimization, Machine Repairing, Maintenance Engineering.
10 credits Thesis:
Duration of studies: 7 semesters
Contact hours: 2.352
ECTS credits: 210
nternship: 6 weeksFinal exam:
More information about the program here.
- Defending the thesis (oral presentation and discussion)
- Exam in two subjects chosen by the student
- Machine Repairing,
- and one subject chosen by the student:
- Material Handling and Robotics
- or Maintenance Engineering
See the Bulletin of the program here.